Avoid Scams and Fraud
- Never give out financial information to anyone who calls you over the phone (example: bank account number, social security number, PayPal info, etc.)
- GoSection8 does not store credit card or social security numbers and you will never receive a phone call from Go8 asking you for payment for any reason or to verify personal or financial information over the phone.
- Deal locally with landlords and property managers that you can meet in person. Wiring funds to an unknown individual should never be done.
- It is important that you establish that the person you are dealing with is the landlord or a licensed agent of the landlord. Accordingly, only deal with landlords/agents who will allow you access to the property in which you are interested before exchanging money.
- If in doubt as to ownership or the representation of an agent, we recommend you check with the local housing authority before exchanging any funds.
HELP US FIGHT INTERNET FRAUD!
Call (Toll-free 1-866-466-7328) or Email GoSection8 if you suspect fraud.
Also, report fraud to the FTC's toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357